TALK WITH MARYAM FROM SINCERELY MARYAM



SincerelyMaryam.com

We got to talk to Maryam from Texas! We came across Cover33, the hijab company owned by this beautiful lady and her sister and couldn't resist the urge to contact her for a bit of talking! We wanted to know more about her, her elegant style and of course cover33! We're hooked! And you probably will be too after visiting her Style Blog and The online Store...Too much class!

Maryam answered a few of our questions on modesty, on herself and her projects..


---

1. Introduce yourself

 Salaam everyone! My name is Maryam and I live in the heart of Texas! Born in India, I’ve been raised in Texas my entire life; I’m a southern belle at heart! As a professional, I work in the IT industry at Hewlett-Packard and I’m currently enjoying my time there.

Your Fashion Style & Hijab Style


'I would say my style is ever-evolving. It will always be very feminine, but I’m constantly changing things up. I like to grace all types of styles; I wouldn’t say I stick a specific category. Even if it’s something edgy, I will add my twist of feminine flair to it!'

What is Modesty to you?

          'Although I absolutely love following the latest fashion trends, modest attire is always first. I make what I feel comfortable in, work. Modesty to me is being able to cover what is required: your bum, your chest, and any skin. I don’t sacrifice my haya (modesty) for fashion. I sacrifice fashion for haya whilst maintaining to be modish and it’s worked so far. ;).'




 How do you make Modesty work with Fashion?

'

I incorporate a lot of long tops even if they’re not meant to be a top. Sometime I find the cutest baby dolls dress but I always use them to my advantage! Pair them with some skinny jeans, flats, and you’re good to go. Since I do work in the corporate world, I usually keep my style minimal during the work week.'

---

2. Can you tell us how you started blogging?

'To be honest, my Instagram followers motivated me to pursue my blog. I’ve always wanted to blog, I even created one back in 2010 but never found the drive to actually start blogging. But once my Instagram started gaining popularity, I wanted to give my followers more than just a picture. Now that I do it, I wonder why I didn’t start earlier. I enjoy it so much; it’s almost like a way to relieve stress. I approach my blog with keeping one thing in mind: inspire, inspire, inspire. My followers inspired me by motivating me and through this platform and I certainly want to give that back!'


3. Goals and Aspirations


'I’m taking things slowly but definitely not turning down any opportunities! As we have recently launched COVER33, I’ve been immensely busy with it. We do have plans of integrating our style by creating a clothing line for COVER33 but that’s in the near future. I’m also genuinely interested in being a Muslimah Stylist, I mean how cool would that be! I don’t know what the future holds but keep your eyes peeled!'


4. What is Cover33?


'Yes! COVER33 was created with our style in mind. Given both of us (My sister and I) wear hijab, we would often get questioned about our scarves and where we purchase them from all the time. So one day we thought, why not sell them?! We handpick each and every hijab and deliver it to you with satisfaction guaranteed! For more information, visit us at www.cover33.com '




                click on the picture to see the outfits clearer!

Favorites of Maryam


               8. What fashion trend do you love right now?
Right now I’m totally loving the metallic trend! This color has swept the runway from Lanvin to Balmain! The color is so rich and beautiful and gives the perfect polishing touch. I can’t wait to get my hands on some metallic ensemble ASAP!

9. Do you ever look back on outfits that you wore and think, "What was I thinking?"
         LOL of course, all the time! 

     10. Your personal policy on color

It’s all about the mood for me! So whatever I’m feeling, I’ll go with that. But my rule of thumb, whenever in doubt, pick black, it’s always effortlessly chic!

11. Skirt or dress?
Can I pick pants?! LOL, I personally don’t prefer either! I feel much more comfortable in pants, especially palazzo’s! But if I absolutely had to pick, then fine, a dress :P.

---

    12. A fashion advice from Maryam to You

 Fashion trends will always fade. Be sure to find that ‘comfort zone’ for dressing and stick to it. Fashion is not obligatory; you don’t have to follow any trends. 
Being comfortable is timeless, and it will always be in style!


------------------------------------------------




We hope you enjoyed this interview and get to know Maryam a bit better. We loved it, and will be following Maryam through her blogging journey. 

Thank you Maryam for taking the time to feed our curiosity! 

Don’t forget to share this interview on your social media sites! 


FOLLOW MARYAM ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM
- THE BLOGGERS TALK -

2014


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

info.bloggerstalk@gmail.com

Who we are

We are two personal style bloggers from France and The Netherlands, we love modest fashion and we think it’s time we have a platform that helps you know the upcoming modest fashion icons!
We hope you find great inspiration reading the interviews we feature here, don’t hesitate to contribute by requesting interviews of your favorite bloggers. The more you request, the more we will be able to provide interesting content!!
Any contribution from you will help us improve this blog and make it more enjoyable!

info.bloggerstalk@gmail.com