Saraah Dii, the goaldigger


MEET Saraah Dii, the girl who gives us what we see

Saraah Dii is one of the amazing people I was lucky to meet in my life. She is a person who you just have to meet ones, to be friends with. Never had I made a click with someone that fast. Besides her great personality, she also has a great sence of style. We of The Bloggers Talk were glad to have the opportunity to talk with Saraah about her style and other great things. Keep reading and meet this awesome girl from Belgium.


INTRODUCE YOURSELF 

I probably should be writing a fascinating biography over here, but actually I'm just a 21y/o simple girl, raised in Belgium/Antwerp and with Moroccan roots studying Graphic Design and as every woman obsessed with clothes.

It's always hard to tell who you are so I asked my sister to give some words that describe me; Generous, helpful, doesn't like injustice, stubborn, likes everything that is beautiful and special. Things I like the most are clothes, cats, beautiful designs, photography and art. Like J'Lo says, I'm real, what you see is what you get. 



WHAT inspired you to start sharing your outfits?


Actually it never was my intention to share outfits and being into fashion. But there was a very special person who pushed me to this and I'm still thankful for that. That amazing person is iRadia. I was so shy (still now) and I never had the courage to share them. Radia kept commenting on my pictures that I had to start my own blog, I never thought about this idea cuz I was new on IG and this was an unkown area. But after one picture, where I wore the turban for the first time and gained so many likes, Radia started commenting like 'start a fashion blog, like right now!' and my followers said the same. So I was like hmm maybe I should give it a try and not much later I finally took the step and well here I am, almost on 7000 amazing followers from the wide world who support me. I really appreciate this and I never thought it would be such a success. So now I get the opportunity; Thank you so much everyone! I really love each and one of you!! 

HOW DO YOU see yourself over five years?

As the most know I study graphic design. In five years I hope to have my master degree graphic design. I always have been fascinated about art and design so I hope one day I can start on my own. But another side of me wants to enter the fashion world, being a stylist or a designer, that would be pretty awesome. So hopefully I can mix the graphic design side and fashion interests together and creating something new. I might sound like a dreamer but I always say, dream big or don't.


Saraah Dii's new picks for this summer

I am not a summer- person but more a spring/autumn person. Wearing the hijab in the heat has always been hard for me. So I didn't buy a lot of summer clothes but more clothes that I can wear during the whole year. My latest buy are; 

× Long cardi's 
× Mom pants 
× A few summerish hijabs 
× Some statement necklaces
× And a big simple bag where I can put my closet in 

 

What trends of this moment do you love and which do you hate?

My favorite trend is the comeback of the nineties! But also the loose and simplistic wear. The trend that I absolutely don't like are those high geisha inspired sandals, it's not flattering at all! Sorry girls. 



WHAT is modest fashion for you?

Modest fashion is to me an outfit where your chest/neck and behind is covered with loose items. This might not be the perfect definition of the hijab but this is the most important to me. And as we know wearing the hijab properly is a process for us all. 


WHAT IS your favorite outfit that you've posted so far?

This must be the picture where I wore a classic Moroccan inspired pants with a simple blouse, a baby blue hijab and a statement necklace. I just love the simplicity of it and of course the color blue, which is my favorite color. Little shout out to my dear Hanan for the make up that day, I love(d) it!


What are some of your favorite boutiques that you must visit in your area or when you go shopping?

You all probably know I shop a lot in the H&M I love the fact that they offer the classic wear and the street wear as well and that for an affordable price. You can simply put a complete outfit with details and accessories without doing a marathon in the city. For purchasing must haves I love to shop in  New Look, this British store is the best that ever happened in Antwerp. I regularly visit Zara for eye-catching pieces and the Only and Pieces for street wear outfits and last not least Beau-tique Damesmode, they just got some special items! 

But next my favorite shop to H&M is visiting the local thrift shop, trust me you can’t believe how many treasures you find over there. You have an unique piece for and cheap price, this is every woman’s dream right! 


WHat sets your style apart from other personal style bloggers?

That’s a tough question. I actually don’t know exactly what’s special about me. But it might be the street wear combined with turban/hijab or the classic wear. I’m a person with different styles, I don’t wear only one style cuz that is just too boring. I love beautiful things wherever it is classy, sportive, punky or something else. I also think that the fact that I wear clothes that everyone can purchase in any country is important factor. I just have my own style, I wear what I think is pretty and what I like, I don’t dress myself to impress people but for myself. That’s something that a lot of girls should do. 


turban: some see turban as a hijab, some see it as a trend. what do you think?

Well, I actually don’t remember when I wore the turban for the first time, I think it might be around January. The biggest reason why I wore the turban is cuz I got an allergic reaction from the fabric of the scarf I wore on my neck. I couldn’t handle anything and the wound always got bigger and darker. So after watching several loose hijab tutorials I bumped into Dina Tokio’s turban tutorial and I kept practicing and from that day on I kept wearing it. 

To answer your second question, I always thought that turban is also seen as a hijab till several weeks ago. During Ramadan I announced on my IG that I would do a Quran Challenge, so after reading it I start asking my self some questions about hijab and stuff. So I decided to find a solution for wearing the hijab properly. Hamdoulilah I did found it, the viscose fabric is perfect for me, its soft, light and very comfortable to wear. 

Sorry turbanlovers, but the turbanista in me is gone. 



tips from Saraah dii

First of all I want to say that even though I’m representing Islam and wear a hijab that I don’t wear the hijab as it should be. Sometimes I get negative comments on my picture but always remember that every hijabista or turbanista struggles and that wearing hijab is a process done in little steps.

For wearing fashionable clothes ‘the rules’ are actually simple and said in a few words 
à try to keep it modest as possible.    


-----------


We would like to say a special thanks to Saraah Dii for taking time out to answer these questions for TheBloggersTalk.com. If you haven't checked out her Instagram page, go and do it. And don't forget to become a follower! 






T H E   B L O G G E R S   T A L K
2014


1 thoughts:

 

CONTACT

info.bloggerstalk@gmail.com

Who we are

We are two personal style bloggers from France and The Netherlands, we love modest fashion and we think it’s time we have a platform that helps you know the upcoming modest fashion icons!
We hope you find great inspiration reading the interviews we feature here, don’t hesitate to contribute by requesting interviews of your favorite bloggers. The more you request, the more we will be able to provide interesting content!!
Any contribution from you will help us improve this blog and make it more enjoyable!

info.bloggerstalk@gmail.com